The Ultimate Guide To Vaughan Ontario Postal Code
The Ultimate Guide To Vaughan Ontario Postal Code
Blog Article
The Facts About Vaughan Ontario Uncovered
Table of ContentsThe Basic Principles Of Vaughan Ontario Apartments The Ultimate Guide To Vaughan Ontario Zip CodeVaughan Ontario for DummiesThe Best Strategy To Use For Vaughan Ontario Zip CodeRumored Buzz on Vaughan Ontario Postal CodeThe Definitive Guide to Vaughan Ontario To TorontoUnknown Facts About Vaughan Ontario To Toronto
John Lyons passed away in 1814, and his mills and various other realty were bought by William Purdy, who included numerous renovations. His children, about their relative, William Wright, built a tannery and grist mill. The Lyons' mill was later on made use of as a carding and complete-'ng mill. A fire in 1828 eaten the new flour mill built by Mr.After his failing the residential property fell under the hands of David Macdougall & Co. They were unfortunate, the primary buildings being destroyed by successive fires. In 1820 Henry White developed a distillery farther up the stream. On lot 34, giving in 1, Nicholas Caber, a German, built a saw-mill in 1825, which was destroyed by an incendiary fire five years later on, being rebuilt the list below year.
Not known Incorrect Statements About Vaughan Ontario Postal Code
It was once more shed and reconstructed, and is still in procedure. On lot 36, in the same concession, Barnabas Lyons, a child of John Lyons, formerly pointed out, constructed a sawmill in the year 1839, which was benefited about thirty years. Hiram Dexter built a saw-mill 011 whole lot 37, in the year 1836, which functioned for several years.
Patterson commenced operations by the building and construction of a saw-mill, later on establishing below the substantial ranch execute manufactory to which the location owes its prosperity. On lot 41. in the very same giving in, a saw-mill was constructed by Sandwich Purr in the year 1828, which was functioned for concerning twenty years. Mr.
Our Vaughan On Ideas
Rowland Burr, his son, was just one of one of the most noted mid and manufacturing facility contractors in the very early days. lie set up a tlour millknown as the Greenfield Millon lot 41, which was leased to Mr (vaughan ontario zip code). Shephard, and was ruined by fire concerning the year 1840. C. E. Lawrence constructed a saw-mill on great deal 42, m 1834, and six years after that built a carding and fulling mill and woollen factory, which he helped several years, up until his death, after which it altered hands frequently.
Atkinson later on dropped into monetary difficulties, and his home was purchased by Edward Hawke, of Toronto. This mill is still in great functioning order. A double-geared saw-mill was erected on great deals 45 and 46 by James Playter in 1848, which is still extant. Higher, on the same branch of the stream, stood a distillery constructed by James McDavids in 1844.
See This Report about Vaughan Ontario
Mr. Langstaff additionally had a carry out factory on an additional small branch of the Don, in the instant neighbourhood. This was built in 1850, a steel documents manufacturing facility being after that added. On great deal 50, giving in 1, a saw-mill was built, in 1842, by a guy called Heslop, and benefited several years.
In all, there have been very first to last twelve saw-mills, 7 grist mills, and three distilleries, developed on the Don and its tributaries in Vaughan Area. The settlement of Vaughan was finished about thirty-five years after the arrival of the leaders. The basic character of the land is clay and clay loam; 19,266 acres being heavy clay, 41,074 acres clay loam, 5,670 acres sandy loam, and 1,500 acres sand.

The Main Principles Of Vaughan On
Of the populace in the last year those of German beginning numbered 993, being primarily the descendants of old settlers from Pennsylvania. In 1881 the online stock of the territory numbered as adheres to: Cattle, 2,952; horses, 2,481; sheep, 4,349, and hogs, 2,207.
Amongst the owners of pedigreed cattle are M. Reaman, Robert Marsh, William Agar, George Bell, Peter Frank, Jacob Lakmer and sons, and Edwin Langstaff. The local records of Vaughan, which have not been maintained further back than 1850, reveal that because year the council was arranged under Recommended Reading the brand-new regulations which after that carne in pressure by the political election of David pop over to these guys Smellie, David Bridgford, John W.
At the first meeting held in the town hall in the fifth giving in, J. W. Gamble was chosen reeve and David Smellie deputy-reeve, James Ashdown was chosen territory clerk, and Nathaniel Wallace, John Stephens and William Porter, assessors. At a succeeding meeting, Rev. James Dick was designated superintendent of Typical Schools at a wage of 20.
The smart Trick of Vaughan Ontario Weather That Nobody is Discussing

Arnold filled the chair in 1861 and the 2 adhering to years, with William Chef as deputy-reeve. In 18G4 H- S. Howland was once more selected reeve, and remained to hold the position umi] 1868. Alfred Jeffrey was deputy-reeve throughout the former year, and Thos. Graham for 1865-7. In 1868 the reeveship fell to Peter Patterson, and William Hartman and Robert J.
The Buzz on Vaughan Ontario Map
G. J. F. Pearce, that you can look here had actually officiated as town clerk and treasurer for virtually ten years, resigned, and Mr. J. M. Lawrence was appointed to succeed him. Mr. Patterson held the reeveship for 4 years.
The primary municipal officials for 1884 are as follows: Reeve, T. Concierge, Humber; 1st deputy-reeve, William Cook, Carville; 2nd deputy-reeve, D. Reaman, Concord; 3rd deputy-reeve, Alexander Malloy, Purple-ville; councillor, George Elliott, Woodbridge; territory clerk and treasurer, J. M. Lawrence, Richmond Hill. Mr - vaughan ontario map. Lawrence is of U. E. Follower beginning
Report this page